In the News 2008-08
An interview page preceded by a photo page:
- Before she met Sakamoto-san, the producer of "Hotaru," she had long been interested in working with Mr. Ichizo Seo, who is known as the arranger for Miyuki Nakajima. She happened to hear that there was a man who seemed to be Seo-san's pupil. She met this person, i.e. Sakamoto-san, and found themselves on the same wavelength.
- Before she was told that "Hotaru" would be used in the film, she had a hunch that this would be a movie theme.
- After seven or eight years from her debut, she tentatively classifies herself as a novelist-type because she attaches high importance to her lyrics, she writes lyrics first and then goes on to make music as their backgrounds, and, above all, she values the characters she uses [e.g. kanji and kana].
Excite Music interview
- Chihiro writes all songs with beauty and eternity in mind.
- She lost her consciousness after the Nine Dirts concert. She could hardly sleep during the preparation period of four or five days.
- She has never been able to save her energy. In fact, she sets about singing in earnest during every rehearsal. People label her as a perfectionist but in her own opinion, this merely is the way she was born. As a worrywart, she wants to do whatever she can before any live performance.
- She believes she is a singer rather than a singer-songwriter. All songs that she wants to sing are written by herself, though.
Yahoo! Music interview and video clip
- Metaphorically speaking, she was counting the lines of a tatami mat to go beyond her limits during these 12 months.
- She would be satisfied if she collapses after a live performance where she is devoting everything.
- As if writing a novel, she wrote "Hotaru" with a sense of beauty in mind.
- She expects that the next concert tour will be an enjoyable one that will make her audience rock, in sharp contrast to the Nine Dirts during which she gave no talk.
- Recently, she is writing songs more slowly than she used to because she only writes what she really wants to.
- When she cannot write, she eats and eats sweet roasted chestnuts.
- New CD single and DVD have been released. She thinks that the Nine Dirts DVD is finished beautifully just as a movie.
- She hopes you will come to take a look at the forthcoming Vegas Code tour "if you have spare time."
http://magazine.music.yahoo.co.jp/spt/20080808_001/ (the Interview box video)
At the premiere
Chihiro presenting a rose bouquet to Director Koyama at the Last Game premiere.
ROCK IN JAPAN Festival 2008
- X (new song)
- Dream On (Aerosmith)
to Togashi-san's piano. "X" sings about passions between lovers and the helplessness of people against fate.
Chihiro Onitsuka official SOBER goods
This brand is named after the words, "Being sober is great. Don't you think so?" by Chihiro, who doesn't drink, smoke or use drugs. SOBER goods are for all people including staggering drunks and those who are on a natural high.
Copyright © 2003 Folia. All rights reserved.